Cosmetic Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
What is PRP and how does it thicken hair?
- PRP is a rejuvenation procedure where a sample of your blood is collected and processed in a special centrifuge. The platelet rich plasma layer is separated out and injected back into your scalp in areas of hair loss and thinning.
- Platelets are rich in growth factors that stimulate the scalp and promote the activity and health of hair follicles in the injected areas causing the thin wispy hair to become fuller, thicker and longer.
How many treatments will I need?
- At the time of your evaluation, we will determine how many treatments you may need depending on the degree of hair loss/thinning you have. On average, we recommend a series of 3 treatments (12 weeks apart), then 1 treatment in 6 months, followed by a yearly treatment for maintenance.
When will I see the difference?
- Hair regrowth is a slow process and it can take 12 weeks or longer to see a difference. You will first notice the appearance of thin, short hair (fuzzy wisps) that become longer, thicker and stronger with subsequent treatments.
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
- Women with hair loss and thinning have the best results.
Do I need to take any vitamins?
- PRP for hair restoration works best if you take the following daily vitamin regimen available at most local pharmacies or vitamin shops:
- Biotin 10,000 mcg
- Viviscal vitamins
What is the cost?
- Free consultation where we will determine whether PRP Hair Restoration is appropriate for you.
- 1 session: $400
- Package of 3: $1,050